Soil is a revolutionary blockchain-based lending protocol that aims to bridge the gap between traditional finance and the crypto world. It reshapes corporate debt and fixed-income investments by creating a marketplace where established companies can obtain financing. In contrast, crypto investors can lend their stablecoins to earn yield derived from Real World Assets that exist off-chain. Soil’s mission is twofold:
- To provide crypto investors with stable, attractive, and secured yields on stablecoins.
- To open new alternative sources of liquidity for traditional and regulated financial markets.
Soil stands out by combining a crypto lending protocol with a corporate debt marketplace. It offers a stable and competitive yield powered by cash flows generated by established businesses operating outside the blockchain industry and backed by Real World Assets.
- Token Minting and Platform: Soil’s token, SOIL, will be minted on the Polygon chain, a decentralized Ethereum scaling platform. The token is designed to capture the protocol’s scale velocity, build long-term value for SOIL token holders, and provide valuable protocol usability. Its unique tokenomics will secure its holders with an economically reasonable in-built floor price mechanism.
- Stakeholders: Soil identifies four primary stakeholders:
- Lenders – Users advancing stablecoin loans via the protocol, earning yield in crypto and SOIL tokens.
- Stakers – Token holders staking their tokens to boost their yield on loans, participate in Soil protocols governance, and access immediate fiat money on preferential terms.
- Borrowers – “Real world” companies seeking financing through Soil’s debt marketplace.
- Investors – High return on investment hunters and holders who purchased SOIL tokens during various events.
- Value Creation & Token Utility: SOIL is designed to capture a portion of Soil’s yield, driving its value to scale up in line with Soil’s loans under management. The token provides holders with higher yields on crypto loans, cash loans on preferential terms, and staking rewards in SOIL tokens.
- Token Distribution: The total supply of SOIL tokens is 100,000,000. The distribution includes allocations for the Foundation, Seed investors, Private investors, Lenders incentives, IDO, Staking Rewards, Ecosystem, Treasury, Liquidity providers, and the Team.
Token on What Network?
- Polygon (MATIC)
- Not Found
Where to Buy SOIL:
- Currently can be purchase thru 2 specific exchangers, Gate.io and MEXC.
Soil’s main functionalities revolve around providing liquidity in the blockchain world. It facilitates direct crypto loans between market participants by combining a crypto lending protocol with a corporate debt marketplace. The platform offers stable and competitive yields powered by cash flows generated by established businesses operating outside the blockchain industry. Soil also stands out by taking a unique approach to secure its operations and generate yield.
Soil is building a new kind of marketplace that connects traditional finance with the crypto world. It’s not a bank or another type of non-banking financial company but a blockchain-based marketplace connecting borrowers with lenders. The platform targets two financial market segments: the corporate collateral loans market and the blockchain-based decentralized finance market.
Soil presents a unique approach to the DeFi space by bridging the gap between traditional finance and the crypto world. Its tokenomics and functionalities are designed to provide value to both lenders and borrowers, making it a promising platform in the evolving DeFi landscape. The integration of real-world assets and the focus on corporate debt further differentiate Soil from other DeFi platforms, positioning it for potential growth in the market.
Sources: Soil Whitepaper
Proud founder of Coin4Planet – joining crypto & sustainability. Investor since 2013, trader at heart. Tech geek, traveler, meetup addict.